Situated on 25 acres of land owned by the Tjapukai people just north of Cairns, Tjapukai Aboriginal Cultural Park is a stunning theatrical interpretation of Aboriginal Culture. Seven separate areas allow visitors to experience every facet of the rainforest people’s culture – from the provocative History Theatre to the inspiring Creation Theatre, and the original Dance Theatre and the interactive Camp Village where visitors can learn to play the didgeridoo and boomerang throwing.
Tjapukai By Day
Tjapukai Aboriginal Cultural Park offers a truly unique experience, providing visitors with a showcase of indigenous culture, using authentic dance and music, enhanced by special effects.
- Face painting on arrival,
- Creation and History Theatre presentations,
- Tjapukai Dance Theatre cultural performance,
- Bush foods and Medicine show that includes bush food sampling,
- Didgeridoo demonstration,
- Try fire making the traditional way in the Cultural Village,
- Boomerang and Spear throwing complete with a traditional tutorial
Tjapukai By Night
Tjapukai by Night is a cultural evening of entertainment with a scrumptious buffet dinner. Immerse yourself in the traditions of the Aboriginal people through traditional dances, music and the telling of dreamtime legends providing a powerful and personal insight into ancient Australian culture.
- Welcome drink on arrival
- Face painting on arrival
- Tjapukai cultural performances
- International buffet.
To book any of the above, please contact us.