Mike Ball Dive Expeditions offer the best diving locations to get amazing underwater photographs and videos. This is actually one of our passions at Mike Ball, so you’ll find Spoilsport’s dive deck is equipped to meet all of your digital needs. To ignite your creative juices, we also run an onboard photo competition for each and every trip.
Spoilsport Photo and Video Facilities:
- 3 large camera stations with air guns
- A 3 tier camera shelf with recharging facilities, 110v (2 prong straight pin) and 240v (Australian) socket.
- Dedicated camera freshwater rinse tubs.
- Cabins 110v (2 prong straight pin) socket. 240v (Australian) socket in cabins.
- Saloon: public computer (Windows)
- 1x video/DVD player and 2x large wall-mounted flat screens for viewing photographs and video
- Guest Underwater Photo Competition run every expedition.
Note: Guests are advised to bring adaptors for the electrical sockets to suit their individual chargers and USB digital memory card readers.
Photo Competition for Compacts & DSLR
As the sunsets on the Great Barrier Reef on the last evening, you enjoy an Aussie BBQ night with champagne and prawns (straight off the barbecue). Following dinner you help judge the underwater photo competition. It’s a ton of fun & pretty low key… photos displayed are anonymous. The winners are displayed as part of the ‘Reef Reports’ on the Mike Ball website and the best photos from each month are published in the Australian Dive Log magazine. The top photo from the year will win a free trip with Mike Ball Dive Expeditions.
Camera Hire and Photography Services
Haven’t got your own camera or don’t want the hassle of taking your own pictures? No problems! Mike Ball Dive Expeditions offer a complete onboard service, everything from snapping your pictures for you to renting you a camera.
Prices and More Information Below
Underwater Camera Hire
The Canon PowerShot G16, 10 megapixel camera delivers superior image quality with amazing low light capability. Featuring a 28mm wide angle lens, 5x zoom and RAW mode, you can enjoy complete flexibility when manipulating images. Not only will you capture amazing stills, but with High Definition Movie Recording you will capture amazing movies.
$60/day Hire Includes:
Canon G16 camera and housing per day; initial tuition from onboard Videographer on care and use; evening workshop and use of public computer to download and store photos.
A small workshop will be held at 8.30pm with some simple guidelines and tips to improve your photography skills; the workshop is aimed at divers new to digital photography. Combine camera hire with the PADI Underwater Digital Photography course for even greater knowledge and experience.
Backup your photographs and safeguard your memories with a digital download. Download your photographs to the onboard computer and at the completion of your expedition back them up to a USB stick for you to take home.
USB Sticks. 8GB $12 16GB $15
Holiday Photo CD
Our photo pro will photograph expedition highlights and compile them on to CD for you to take home as a souvenir of your expedition. Taken on multiple dives throughout the expedition our photo pro will be busy both above and below water to capture those special moments. An additional 50 ‘Best of Mike Ball Dive Expeditions’ images is included.
- Photo CD ($50) – includes photographs of your expedition above and below the water plus additional ‘Best Of’ photographs of Mike Ball Dive Expeditions.
- Special Onboard Offer Save %50 on 2nd CD purchase.
- Personal Holiday Photographs ($100) – your onboard photo and video pro will spend a dive taking exclusive underwater photos of you. Package includes cd.
If you like the idea of a no fuss approach to capturing all the memories of your Mike Ball Dive Expeditions adventure, then this is for you. On the last evening of your expedition your photo and video pro will present the week in total on DVD. All the expedition highlights, both above and below the water, will be professionally edited with music and made available for purchase. Re-live your adventure at home.
- Standard Holiday Trip DVD ($80) – includes highlights of your expedition above and below the water (approx 25 mins).
- Special Onboard Offer Save %50 on 2nd DVD purchase.
- Personalised Holiday Trip DVD ($220 or $275/family) – includes Standard Holiday Trip DVD plus exclusive personal footage taken by your onboard photo and video pro (approx 15mins). The onboard photo and video pro will create your personalised dive holiday DVD, providing long lasting memories in full colour and motion.
Underwater Photography Courses
Want to take your skills to the next level? Mike Ball Dive Expeditions offer a Digital Underwater Photography Course and Underwater Videography Course during their trips. Participants will need a minimum of Open Water Certification. For more information please visit our Dive Courses page.